Login

Medal of Honor

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

This deviation from their standard shtick is kinda daring, since they seem to have the whole WWII thing down pat. Thus, far, I haven't heard any extraordinary things about it. The salesman at GameStop told me that there were a lot of glitches (although he admitted he was the only person he'd heard of experiencing said problems), and reviews say it's subpar for modern day war games, despite Battlefield's developers lending a hand. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but the general consensus seems to be that it's just a repackaged MoH game with no real new experiences -- definitely nothing to give it an edge over Call of Duty, which is currently dominating the modern war genre with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I suppose it should be expected as a first effort in the arena...perhaps it will pick up in future titles. At any rate, I'm curious what any opinions are here on the boards (if any of you have played it yet)? My brother and I have a deal where he's getting me MoH for my birthday and I'm getting him Call of Duty: Black Ops for his, so I shan't be playing it until late November. :P

serfofChrist92

13 year(s) ago

which title is this? I've kind of been living in a cave.

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

[b]serfofChrist92 wrote:[/b] [quote]which title is this? I've kind of been living in a cave.[/quote] The latest Medal of Honor was just released this month...it's simply called Medal of Honor. Its focus is on the war in Afghanistan in 2002, where you are playing as a group of operatives called "Tier One" and fight against Opposing Force (apparently, that was the best name they could come up with after receiving many complaints about their original use of "Taliban").

serfofChrist92

13 year(s) ago

It's hard to tell based on the videos. I obviously haven't played it (we're not even allowed to have video game systems until we become upperclassmen next year); and I'm guessing my younger bro is too busy with school to have played it already. It'd be kind of cool if they had ingame videos on their website but all they have is the promotional stuff.

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

Heh, that's kinda funny. My friend who did a tour in Afghan told me about this room they had set up with just tons and tons of xboxs and TVs. He said they'd play Halo for days and you'd be afraid to use the restroom or eat or sleep because someone would take your place as soon as you got up lol. I'm sure there's already ingame video up on YouTube. I'd look for it but I'm at work.

serfofChrist92

13 year(s) ago

Lol...yeah. I'd imagine some days get really boring over there. I know upperclassmen who play xbox a lot, but when you're also in college + have military responsibilities it's hard to also make time for excessive gaming. Found this, but it's made before the games came out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz1iiRsiMJE and this guy says he likes MOH better than previous COD, but according to that first video, black ops is supposed to be better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJCX8PRIupY

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

Yeah, I really don't see how people can already try to compare MOH to CODBO. Even if they're beta testers, the beta games are going to be at least slightly different from the released version.

sirmovesalot17

13 year(s) ago

Finally received my copy! Since none of the military exchanges will carry the game because of that whole thing about being able to play as the Taliban in the multiplayer(even though they changed it just before the release into saying OpFor like Modern Warfare.) However in the campaign they didn't change it and the "taliban" are referred to quite alot. Anyways I enjoy it alot especially the campaign even though sadly it's pretty short it makes up for the authenticity, physics, AI, weapons(even though not much they are the actual weapons we use not some not so distant future weapons like in Call of Duty), voice acting(yes there is swearing but that falls in line with authenticity). To me it still had the old school MOH feel to it but had it revamped quite a bit. I liked the fact that it was a bit more based on true events and some real missions that took place instead of either making everything up or altering history like the new CoD: Black Ops(which also had an amazing storyline, the best in the CoD franchise i believe) I wish the multiplayer was a little more in depth though because only having three classes and not too many weapon choices after leveling up can only keep a mans attention for so long. But than again lighting up haji's all day never gets old haha but thats just me

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

I haven't played the multiplayer yet but I more or less agree with your assessment. As far as I'm aware, all of the CoD weapons do currently exist (both MW2 and BO), Logan has assured me. :P I haven't played the campaign for BO yet, but MW/MW2 had a pretty nice one so that's a pretty big statement.

sirmovesalot17

13 year(s) ago

[b]MisterNathan wrote:[/b] [quote]I haven't played the multiplayer yet but I more or less agree with your assessment. As far as I'm aware, all of the CoD weapons do currently exist (both MW2 and BO), Logan has assured me. :P I haven't played the campaign for BO yet, but MW/MW2 had a pretty nice one so that's a pretty big statement.[/quote] By the CoD weapons being futuristic I meant the attachments(i.e the heartbeat sensor) and the actual use of them in the field. I don't recall any of the weapons not actually existing. I do know that the SCAR is now finally authorized for use by MARSOC(Marine Special Ops Command) I'm saying the weapons in MoH are authentic because many if not all I have either used myself during training or know Marines that have used them. (like the barret .50 cal, m24, m9 etc.)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)