Login

Rate My DVD Collection

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

And then post yours, however extensive it is (although preferably in alphabetical order), and we'll rate those. Also, be sure to only post the ones you personally own, not the ones in your household. Because of this, many of my favorite movies aren't on this list, since I didn't buy a lot of movies that my brother already owns. Also, I purchased most of these movies for $5, because I'm cheap. [b]#[/b] 28 Days Later 300 [b]A[/b] Alien 1-3 [b]B[/b] Batman Begins Beautiful Mind, A Big Bang Theory: The Complete First Season, The Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey Billy Madison Book of Eli, The [b]C[/b] Caddyshack, The Castaway Catch Me If You Can Cinderella Man [b]D[/b] Dark Knight, The Defiance Departed, The [b]E[/b] Equilibrium [b]F[/b] Fame Fringe: The Complete First Season [b]G[/b] Ghostbusters 1&2 Great Outdoors, The Gumby: The Movie [b]H[/b] Hannibal Happening, The Hulk [b]I[/b] Inception Iron Man 1&2 [b]K[/b] Kill Bill: Volumes 1&2 [b]M[/b] Man of the Year Megamind Million Dollar Baby [b]N[/b] Night at the Roxbury [b]P[/b] Paris When It Sizzles Patch Adams Patriot, The Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Poltergeist Princess Bride, The Pursuit of Happyness, The [b]R[/b] Renaissance: Paris 2054 Rocketman [b]S[/b] Seven Pounds Shawshank Redemption, The Shining, The Shutter Island Silence of the Lambs [b]T[/b] Tears of the Sun Twilight Zone: The Movie [b]U[/b] Unbreakable [b]V[/b] V For Vendetta [b]W[/b] Walk the Line Walk to Remember, A Waterboy, The [b]X[/b] X-Files: I Want to Believe, The X-Men 1-3 [b]Y[/b] Young Frankenstein [b]Z[/b] Zombieland

keyseya

13 year(s) ago

I love you for having The Princess Bride! My DVD collection is far too pathetic to even mention. Books on the other hand... :P

Owlright

13 year(s) ago

A+ I think the only movie on there that I dislike (that I've seen) is 300. And any collection with Rocketman is an A+ collection. Like Kez, my collection's pretty pathetic atm, not to mention scattered across the country with thieving siblings <_<

BrotherReed

13 year(s) ago

[b]Movies that are great (8/10 or above):[/b] 28 Days Later Alien 1-2 Batman Begins Beautiful Mind, A Cinderella Man Dark Knight, The Equilibrium Ghostbusters Inception Iron Man Kill Bill: Volumes 1&2 Princess Bride, The Shawshank Redemption, The Shining, The Shutter Island Silence of the Lambs Unbreakable V For Vendetta [b]Movies I don't like:[/b] Alien 3 Happening, The Walk the Line Walk to Remember, A Overall a lot more good than bad. Mad props for having M. I'd categorize your collection as "developing." 7/10 Seems to be pretty focused, could use some expansion. Rate mine: http://brother-reed.dvdaf.com/owned Btw, in addition to what's on there I also have a Hitchcock set with a crapload of movies in it. They include among other things: Psycho, Rebecca, Vertigo, Rope, North by Northwest, Dial M For Murder, Notorious, The Birds, I Confess, Shadow of a Doubt, Strangers on a Train, Rear Window, Lifeboat, The 39 Steps, The Lady Vanishes, The Man Who Knew Too Much, To Catch a Thief, The Trouble With Harry, Marnie, and some others that I haven't watched yet.

memnonkarana

13 year(s) ago

Most of mine are in the car... *grumble*

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

[b]BrotherReed wrote:[/b] [quote]Mad props for having M. I'd categorize your collection as "developing." 7/10 Seems to be pretty focused, could use some expansion.[/quote] Whoops, that was marking the section alphabetically. I do love that movie, though. :P Yeah, since I'm moving soon I'm gonna have to finally break down and make some overlap between my brother's collection and my own (Jurassic Park, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Hitchcock Collection, Seven, The Terminator, Extreme Days, etc). Also, after looking at your list, I realized I forgot to put Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure/Bogus Journey on there! *goes to edit* Also, out of curiosity, have you ever done a review of The Happening? It got a lot of hate, and while I certainly don't think it was the best film done by anyone involved, I didn't think it was that bad.

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

It's easier to just list the movies I don't like than the movies I love (or haven't seen). [b]Movies I don't like:[/b] Napoleon Dynamite Pulp Fiction (although I only watched this about a week ago...I might rethink that later) [b]Movies I would give 5/10:[/b] Enchanted Kill Bill Vol 1 A Series of Unfortunate Events (although, to be fair, I loved Jim Carrey in this) Prestige, The So, overall (I'm not counting the movies I haven't seen to come up with this statistic): 8.5/10.

javie

13 year(s) ago

I can list all of the movies that I have in my house and I will never finish my list. So I'm just going to post all of my DVDs in my room. Back to the Future Trilogy Batman Begins The Dark Knight The Fifth Element Inception The Indiana Jones Trilogy The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (still waiting for either me or my dad to get the extended trilogy on Blu-Ray) The Matrix Reloaded Mr. Bean vol. 1-3 Sherlock Holmes Christmas with the Simpsons The Simpsons Christmas 2 The Simpsons: The Complete 1-9 seasons Spider-man 2 They Call me Trinity Trinity is Still my Name Up X-Men: The Last Stand

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

I just realized that I'm not sure which 'M' you were referring to, Reed. I was referring to 'M', starring Peter Lorre. Also, you're awesome for having Charade, Extreme Days, and Rocketman. I would have listed Extreme Days, but the copy I have is technically my sister's...I just stole it. :P

javie

13 year(s) ago

I just recently updated my DVD collection just yesterday. I just added in: The Lord of the Rings extended trilogy Million Dollar Baby Sergeant York

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)