Login

Stuff thats been getting me down

jcpenney

13 year(s) ago

I have been dealing with this stuff for awhile now and I am just getting kind of sick of it. I feel lonely all the time, even when I am in a crowd. I have friends and all but it seems like whenever I am there they don't really see or hear me. I feel like what I say doesn't matter or that no one cares. Sometimes I also feel like if I were to leave (I don't mean death, I mean switch schools or something like that) that they wouldn't even notice. When I am with them they often talk about the plans they have for the weekend with some of the other friends in our group but I am not even invited to it. :( I just don't know why God is making me go throught this, I hate it. Second, I have this one family member and every time I'm around her I feel judged. Like the other day she asked me what I planned to do in college and with my life after that and I told her and she said that it would never happen, that I wasn't ood enough for the job I want to persue or the standard of man I would like to marry, or even the life I want to pursue if thats what God has in store for me. The whole time she kept comparing me to another of her granddaughter who is not related to me. She makes me feel so unwanted and unloved and not good enough for anything. Could you guys please help me with this? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks! Love, Jenna

larry229

13 year(s) ago

*hugs* I guess the biggest advice I have for you is don't base your worth on what people think of you. You ARE valuable, you ARE loved, and what your grandma thinks doesn't change that. don't let them get you down.

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

It can definitely be difficult to not have much social interaction, particularly with those you would very much like to. I would like for you to note that, while it's definitely no replacement for real, human interaction, I've found the community here to be a huge help whenever I need some friends to talk to. I don't know what it's like to have a family member that talks like that, but I once dated a girl who did that. It was rather difficult (not to mention foolish in hindsight), but you just have to decide what you're going to base your worth on: what your family member says...or upon the fact that have talents and skills, that you are an individual, that you have a family and friends, and that you plan on living your life around what God wants for you (from how you worded your post). That is value, my friend. In regards to working with your current situation, perhaps you could get more involved in a church and try meeting some new people there to hang out with or at least talk to? Either way, I hope you remember the first thing I said -- this is a great community and you can really make some great friends here who will most definitely notice if you disappear. :)

TrueTalent

12 year(s) ago

There is a certain truth in the words said above by Nathan. Even, I, although I do not know you, will miss everyone that leaves this site. I too used to feel this way, and I still do. I feel alone, like I am not needed in someones day. Like the people I see everyday wouldn't want to talk to me if they had something better to do. Like.....I will never find a person to love. I always feel like this, and the only time I am not feeling like this is when I am either on here talking to some friends, and seeing them type that they love me, or playing Soccer with my friends....especially Cristina. Don't feel sorry for me though, for I am just another person in this world, and there are people out there that have it worse. Thank you, for making me rethink some things. -William (TrueTalent)

Confederate

12 year(s) ago

I was always being compared to a cousin when I was young. She wasn't worth a fart, though she was efficient and all. Why, you ask? She was always doing rumors, lies, and dirty tricks to relative kids to be the "queen bee". it isn't worth being "queen bee" if a person has to do these things to "keep the position". I stopped thinking about what others thought about me years ago. s you grow older you'll realize that it's not worth trying to keep up with her, or take what people say as gospel truth. Jenna, you have your own personality as well as a life past his relative.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)