Login

The Age Of Courting/Dating

meownip

15 year(s) ago

Okay So what do you guys think is the right age to start Dating/courting my thoughts are that the right age is around 16 or 17

meownip

15 year(s) ago

wait what?

meownip

15 year(s) ago

pff this is supposed to be serious stuff man! lolz my parents say i cant date till im 22:blink:

meownip

15 year(s) ago

hmmm... id say people :dry:

cookiedough28

15 year(s) ago

You may not like it, but as long as you live with your parents, it's generally a good idea to follow their rules about dating. Personally, I think 22 is a little outrageous, but if that's what your parents say... then I'd go with it. I've learned the hard way that having a relationship behind your parents back will just lead to trouble. However... when you [i]do[/i] move out of your parents house, then they don't have power over when or who you date. It might be a good idea to take their advice on dating, but as long as you're not living in their house (where their "house rules" apply), then go ahead and do what you want (while still keeping some common sense about you ;)lol).

meownip

15 year(s) ago

yeah i would never go behind thier backs. that would be pretty hard.... lolz:laugh:

MattBob-SquarePants

15 year(s) ago

They're just looking out for you. If you say that 13 is too young to date, most 13 year olds will object. If you say that 17 is too young to date, most 17 year olds will object. I think 22 is a pretty good idea myself, being past that age myself. That lets you get done with school first.. or at least get a Bachelor's out of the way. Now, life happens. You may meet the perfect person before that time, but the point is not to get bogged down in relationships started too early, and most likely to fail anyway.

meownip

15 year(s) ago

yeah they pretty much just want me to wait that long to get school out of the way

VeronicaMarsGurl

15 year(s) ago

um my dad always sayd no dating till you can drive home if you need to :) but i dont think he'd really care im fine until i find the right guy

meownip

15 year(s) ago

well i dont really wanna date now cuz it wouldbe kinda pointless, you date/court to get married, not just to day you havea boyfriend/girlfriend

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)