Login

What are God\'s rules?

VirtueVsVice

16 year(s) ago

Would it be possible to make a list of rules from the Bible telling you what you MUST do and what you must NOT do? If so, what would the list be like? Would I be able to look at it and see whether I've been sinning or neglecting to do something which God has commanded me to do? Also, how do you find the differences between moral and governmental laws in the Bible? Is there even a difference?

Post edited by: VirtueVsVice, at: 2008/05/03 22:27

Swinny89

16 year(s) ago

[b]VirtueVsVice wrote:[/b] [quote]Would it be possible to make a list of rules from the Bible telling you what you MUST do and what you must NOT do? If so, what would the list be like? Would I be able to look at it and see whether I've been sinning or neglecting to do something which God has commanded me to do? Also, how do you find the differences between moral and governmental laws in the Bible? Is there even a difference?[/quote] I predict a huge debate on this...

Swinny89

16 year(s) ago

It seems that nobody is commenting on here, so I guess I'll give my oppinion. [b]VirtueVsVice wrote:[/b] [quote]Would it be possible to make a list of rules from the Bible telling you what you MUST do and what you must NOT do? If so, what would the list be like? Would I be able to look at it and see whether I've been sinning or neglecting to do something which God has commanded me to do?[/quote] I think you can make a general list. It would be tiny though. It would look something like this: Be just, be loving, and serve God. I think there are infinite ways of doing this though, if you know what I mean... Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? [quote]Also, how do you find the differences between moral and governmental laws in the Bible? Is there even a difference?<br><br>Post edited by: VirtueVsVice, at: 2008/05/03 22:27[/quote] I would say the only difference is that the governmental laws are focused on the actions of the people rather than their hearts. It would be like the moral laws but shown in a very applicable way. For example, the moral law don't hate people. The governmental law of that should be something to the extent of, don't murder, or don't harm, etc.

VirtueVsVice

16 year(s) ago

It's more that I'm looking for a compilation of all the laws a Christian should follow. A paper or book MUST have been made at some point giving a compilation of all the rules.

MattBob-SquarePants

16 year(s) ago

[b]VirtueVsVice wrote:[/b] [quote]Would it be possible to make a list of rules from the Bible telling you what you MUST do and what you must NOT do? If so, what would the list be like? Would I be able to look at it and see whether I've been sinning or neglecting to do something which God has commanded me to do? Also, how do you find the differences between moral and governmental laws in the Bible? Is there even a difference?<br><br>Post edited by: VirtueVsVice, at: 2008/05/03 22:27[/quote] http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm Yes, you can look there and see if you've been sinning. I don't see how it could be helpful to divide G-d's Word. It only gives an escape for those that don't want to keep His Word. We should do our best to keep G-d's laws, IMO. All of them.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)