Login

free will

DHfan

18 year(s) ago

we may be corrupt but we still have the image of God in us (everyone...not just Christians) Here's a famous quote: "Depravity does not mean that at every point in our life, we are as bad as we could be, but at no point are we as good as we should be" I dont believe that it takes away that we can make good choices.... people throughout history have been able to do good things..... we may not be as good as we should be at any point in our lives, but we are not always the most evil beings in history

SmilinBob

18 year(s) ago

Going with the DVD example, the charecters in the movie have no control, they are given a script and follow it. If you watch that movie for the hundreth time it is going to be the same movie, it can't change. I understand that the DVD analogy is not perfect. And I get that the christian god is not on a linear timeline. If god knows what choices you are going to make are they really your choices?

ANGELSFLUTTERBYE

18 year(s) ago

WOW!! I LOVE IT!! GR8 QUESTION BTW !!!!! :side: HERE'S MY HEART,.... GOD IS.....GOD WAS....GOD WILL ALWAYS BE. HEE/HEE YA, LIKE THE SONG!! LOL I FEEL LIKE HE KNOWS OUR CHOICE B-4 WE DECIDE, AFTER ALL HE IS ALL KNOWING. GOD BLESS GOOD!!! B) SHINE 4 JESUS

Luke

18 year(s) ago

nice job Lueff, that really fits great. I love all the opionions we get, and that all (most) back their stuff up with scripture. Not only does it show that God is too big for us to understand, it also shows that His scripture is sufficient for all circumstances. fun stuff. I love trying to figure out God, but somethings I know I'll have to wait 'til heaven to find out. I still like the idea that God is outside of time and knows all that will happen but doesn't affect it. yes, He can ultimately decide our course, but...I'll be honest. I can't understand God. I'll wait to ask Him. Luke

hiddenword

18 year(s) ago

Okay so I've read several of the responses to this topic. First off I do believe in God's sovreignty and the Holy characteristics of God. God is sovreign and can interact and intervein whenever He's chooses. Does this mean there is no free will? Not at all! I have the choice wether or not to accept Jesus as my savior. God may already know my answer but that doesn't mean He made the choice. Also chew on this for awhile... If God is love. If God doesn't want any to perish. If there is no free will and God is in complete control of it all. Why do many perish? Why do many not accept Him as savior? Why is there so much that's not love in this world? The answer is that love that is not given the choice to love is not love. God may know our answer but He did not force it.

HoppinFroggy

17 year(s) ago

lol i like ur picture. but its like the first thing DHFan said. we have the free will we have choices we can make. he already knows wut choice we are going to make and prepares a path for us in tht way. he knows whether or not along the way u will keep makin bad choices or good choices. if we continue to make bad choices and reject God, we are destined to hell. if we nmake a couple bad choices but God sees tht we make a BIG good choice and use our life to be a witness and recieves God, we are heaven bound. God knows all things already. *bri*

Emmy89

17 year(s) ago

Well my comptuer has been broken for like a month, but i'm back now:) Wow you guys have discussed free will for awhile now....Llywen and lueff haave done a good job and replying to everything...i don't really have anything to say because i don't want to get into a deep discussion since i'm leaving for vacation....i'll save that till next week when i get home, but i will say that i believe in predestination, and when i get home i'll join in with the debate:)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)