Login

Gift of the spirit....dead with the apostles?

Joshua

18 year(s) ago

WORD, My point exactly brother..... However I don't think this thread will last much longer.. there's no one to battle the "They are gone" side of thing :blush:

Hewillcomesoon

18 year(s) ago

yeah your right lol i agree with you two completely

DHfan

18 year(s) ago

ya..... we're not really debating anything here

KillaK819

17 year(s) ago

i believe that the gifts of the spirit are not dead. JOEL 2:28-"And afeterward, I will pour out my spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.:)

Bukton1

17 year(s) ago

The gifts are not dead; (for the gifts of GOD are without repentance) The people are!! For many are called but the chosen are few! There are too many verses and not enough time to quote them all here! People have too many insecurites as to what others think about them. People need to get over themselves and just follow the lead of the SPIRIT. If you think about it.... everyone in the Bible was crazy. The entire book was written about people who would not allow themselves to be put in a box!! Think about it...... every one you remember, you remember them because they have done something that made them stick out in your minds... Why are we not doing the same?? There is a song that goes, "if we are HIS hands, why are they not moving..?" So my question to any of you i

Bukton1

17 year(s) ago

Wow...it totally cut me off...that's like getting hung up on in the middle of a phone conversation!!!! to finish.... My question to any of you is what is holding you back from acting out Mark 16 and Matt 28??? Going into the world and boldly proclaiming the gospel of CHRIST

MissionQuito

17 year(s) ago

I have come from a Baptist background and God called me and my family to a Pentecostal Church. I never thought that I would ever go into one say nothing about being a member and now a youth leader and future missionary. When God called us to this church I was cautious and did my research. I read books and commentaries. The only thing I found was 1 Cor. 13:12-13. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. So all the Spiritual Gifts that are left are Faith, Hope, and Love. Look back to I Cor. 12 and Hope and Love are not Spiritual Gifts listed by Paul. That would mean that Wisdom, Knowledge,Healing,Miracles, Prophesy,Discerning, Tongues, and Interpretation are all gone. How is it that we can read Gods word and understand the Gospel without wisdom. God is a generous giver of wisdom. Ask a doctor if he has heard of or seen someone healed miraculously. I am taking a college course on The Holy Spirit and it says that every "Christian" denomination has had a time in the last 100 years or so, that a leader of the denomination has had experienced the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. And those denominations have also had occasions of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit similiar to a pentacost experience. Even the Catholic faith once required Baptism in the Holy Spirit to become a priest. Remember this!! Isaiah 55:8 8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. If we understood God we wouldn't need Him Todd Smith

Bukton1

17 year(s) ago

Hebrews 13:8 JESUS CHRIST, the SAME, yesterday, today and forever. I am GOD, I change not!!!!! If HE did it then...He will do it today! Hebrews 4:12 says that GOD's word is alive-- it will not die. I disagree...... I believe You have it mixed up my converted brother. Scripture cannot contradict scripture. That would mean that GOD was confused when HE gave Paul the interpretation. Confusion is of the devil. Scripture only backs up scripture. We have several doctors that go to our church because they have seen miracle healing and now believe. I personally have laid hands on a man who had a tumor in his head behind his ear. It was the size of a golf ball. He went to the doctor 3 days later and the thing shrivelled up to the size of a grape. The doctor told him that he has never seen this thing before. That at the rate it was growing it should have sent him into convultions by now! I have also laid hands on a 6 month old baby who only weighed 11 ounces!! Over night he gained back his normal weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD still heals and HE still uses man!!!!!!!!!! MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!!!!!!!! If miracles signs and wonders are gone, then that means JESUS lied when HE said that these things will follow them that BELIEVE, Not follow only the disciples!! Miracles signs and wonders follow them that believe!!!! GLORY TO GOD!!!! And I am a believer. Matthew 21:22 says all thing in prayer believeing you shall receive them. Numbers 23:19 says that GOD is not a man that HE should lie nor the son of man that HE should repent. I am baptized in the spirit and pray regularly in the spirit. Paul said that he prays more than anyone.... The gift is just as alive as it ever has been. I would say even more so now than ever!!!

Rachel721

17 year(s) ago

[b]Farside wrote:[/b] [quote]I am a firm believer and participator in the gifts of the Spirit. The problem with baptists, lutherens, and presbyterians, is the fact they hate conviction. When the Holy Spirit brings about conviction, people get uneasy, uncomfterable, and angry. People don't like their sin shown. As Jesus said it, 'The darkness hates the light.' I have the gift of tongues, prophecy, discernment of spirits, and have also practiced gifts of diliverance(exorcisms, ect.), and healing. Though I do not claim I can heal any man on the street, I have prayed over people and have claimed their automatic healing- and they received it. To God be the glory. 1 cor. 13 8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. --- Perfection has yet to come.[/quote] I'm not going to be mean, but everyone hates conviction, wheather they be in the world, presbyterian, catholic, non-denominant, whatever. No one likes to be told they're wrong. I believe in the Holy Spirit and if I pose a correction that is wrong, I always ask for scriptures to support their convictions against me. If they have none, then I thow out their concerns (unless they forget where the scripture is..then I look for it). And all of that stuff about how you can pray in the spirit and exorsise people, do not boast about your gifts that God has given you. God giveth and he taketh away. I urge you to humble yourself before the Lord before he takes away the wonderful things he has given to you. peace be with you.

Post edited by: Rachel721, at: 2006/09/05 04:28

lonikelam

17 year(s) ago

Thank you! I agree completely about nobody liking conviction from the Holy Spirit! Not a single one of us likes it, and to say that one group of people hates it but not your own is nothing but the self-righteous attitude of the Pharisees. If anyone is doing this, they need to repent. It may not be nice to say it this way, but I know of no other way to say it.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)