Login

Not sure if this is the right place...(PG13)

TheLovelyMango

13 year(s) ago

I did something really stupid and it's really confusing me... Please don't judge me for this, but my friend and I were hanging out and she kissed me...and I realized I liked it like... a lot. I feel more comfortable with her than I ever have with a guy. Honestly, I'm not even attracted to guys as more than friends... =/ I just feel really guilty about it because we're not supposed to like the same gender in that way, are we.... I know, I should talk to my pastor or something about this, but I don't trust him at all..he drinks too much and I'm afraid he'll tell my parents who still except me to have kids one day. Um...what should I do? Just try and keep pretending that I'm attracted to guys?

larry229

13 year(s) ago

Honestly, I don't know. This isn't something I've really had to deal with so I'm not sure how to help you :

TheLovelyMango

13 year(s) ago

Nyeh...I didn't really expect anyone to know what to do T_T Haha asking a Christian forum about this...oh jeez

serfofChrist92

13 year(s) ago

Yeah, there's not much we can say. I mean, the majority of us here believe homosexual sex is wrong, so we can't really say "Go for it!" It's also kind of tricky because there's a lot of social pressure to say that homosexuality is uncontrollable and that people are "born that way." I could state my own belief on the matter but then again I've never been attracted to males. So you have to answer that question yourself: is homosexuality a temptation just like any other sin is a temptation or is it an uncontrollable fact of life? If it's the latter, then there's not much else I can say to help. But if it's the former, then I think biblical guidance on sexual temptation still applies: run from it, do not even go near it. And if I were in your shoes and I was not attracted to the opposite sex but wanted to be, I think my plan of action would include both a lot of prayer and research in psychology to understand what is going on inside of my head.

BrotherReed

13 year(s) ago

I'm not so worried about the fact that you kissed your friend or vice versa, or even that you enjoyed it. Heck I'm not even going to tell you it was wrong. What's important is this: the fact that that happened does not mean it's something you have to use to define yourself. It's your choice whether this becomes a pattern of behavior or an isolated incident. To add to what Ben said, you may even be born with those tendencies, and be especially prone to that behavior. However just because it is natural does not mean that it is good or that you should "go with the flow." Having never personally dealt with this situation it would be hard for me to prescribe what you should do next. The first thing is first, of course. If you are a believer, it's vital that you stay plugged in. Be in the word daily, be at church with those who can lift you up, and be taking every thought captive to Christ. If you're seeking Him you will know what is right. If you are not a Christian... well, many of us here could tell you how you can correct that :) If you don't trust your pastor don't go to him. It sounds like you don't respect him as a spiritual leader. But I would go to someone you feel you CAN trust. Many churches have women's ministries and people who have studied counseling, psychology, etc. who might be better equipped to address your problem.

Owlright

13 year(s) ago

Yeah I don't know much to tell you either. I'm asexual but that's a whole different branch of non-heterosexual tree. I can really only offer my opinion on what you should do here. If you're not attracted to guys I don't think it's healthy to pretend to be and date them or act like you're attracted to them just to please your parents and keep up appearances. It's my personal opinion that people are born the way that they are and that you can't control who you're physically or romantically attracted to. I don't think being born homo- or bisexual is sinful. However I don't think that acting on that homosexuality is congruent with the Bible so I'm not saying to just go ahead and date girls. Just that you don't have to pretend to like guys in order to not act on it. Know what I mean? You don't have to force yourself to go to the other extreme just to avoid the one if you have no feelings for guys. That's not really fair to any guy you would date and seems like a recipe for making you miserable. I know that kind of sucks because basically it makes it sound like you won't be able to find someone because I don't think you should act on your feelings towards girls (although I make no judgements on the fact that you have feelings towards them) and you just don't seem to have feelings for guys. But maybe you just haven't met a guy that you'll be attracted to despite not having feelings for guys most the time. Even gay people sometimes end up in straight relationships. Like Reed said, definitely pray, stay plugged in, and find a spiritual mentor you can confide in and go to for advice.

TheLovelyMango

13 year(s) ago

<3 Aw thank you guys It's not that I'm basing this off one kiss... I mean, I played basketball for a few years but I'd never call myself a basketball player... XD But I really have noticed that I don't feel any sexual attraction to guys...that's the main part of why I'm kinda worried. Nyeh...I'll figure it out. I mean, I guess it doesn't really matter what I call myself as long as I don't unhealthily deny my feelings, right?

rainbowboyu

13 year(s) ago

alright...i dont even know if these things were said. but i kinda ignored the rest of the replies :D lol it wasnt wrong. you were born with these tendencies and you cant help who you have feelings for. a human doesnt choose whether or not to fall in love with someone. it just happens. its the decision whether or not to follow these tendencies that makes it a "choice." but why would you want to be unhappy? "9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."-1 Corinthians 6:9-10 An idolater is obviously someone who worships idols. to be sexually immoral means to have sex before marriage, and have unnatural sex which basically means sodomy. adulterers are obviously people who have committed adultery theives- steal so again...this is obvious greedy people people who abuse alcohol a slanderer is someone who starts/spreads false rumors. a swindler is someone who cheats someone out of money. all of these categories includes all of mankind. every human being falls into these categories and if this is so...wheres the hope of us going to heaven? so i just dont beleive this part of the bible. fell free to if you like :) this is just my opinion. message me for anymore info. k? :) im a friend. i understand what yiou're going through. i went through the same thing 3 years ago.

BrotherReed

13 year(s) ago

[quote]every human being falls into these categories and if this is so...wheres the hope of us going to heaven? so i just dont beleive this part of the bible.[/quote] I'm going to address this because I think it's very important. Jesus' disciples said the same thing. When confronted with Jesus' teaching about the rich young ruler (it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God), they asked, "Who then can be saved?" The question is revealing of the kind of hopelessness that results from an understanding of just how high God's standards are and how utterly sinful we are. So you are right to ask, where is the hope of going to heaven? The good part is there is an answer. Jesus replied to His disciples by saying "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." God made a way through Jesus Christ. He is our one and only hope of heaven, our only triumph over the sin that otherwise rules our lives. So my suggestion is, instead of throwing out the part of the Bible that tells us the consequences of sin, couple that with the part of the Bible that tells us how to overcome it. The big picture is much more satisfying.

TheLovelyMango

13 year(s) ago

[b]BrotherReed wrote:[/b] [quote][quote]every human being falls into these categories and if this is so...wheres the hope of us going to heaven? so i just dont beleive this part of the bible.[/quote] I'm going to address this because I think it's very important. Jesus' disciples said the same thing. When confronted with Jesus' teaching about the rich young ruler (it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God), they asked, "Who then can be saved?" The question is revealing of the kind of hopelessness that results from an understanding of just how high God's standards are and how utterly sinful we are. So you are right to ask, where is the hope of going to heaven? The good part is there is an answer. Jesus replied to His disciples by saying "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." God made a way through Jesus Christ. He is our one and only hope of heaven, our only triumph over the sin that otherwise rules our lives. So my suggestion is, instead of throwing out the part of the Bible that tells us the consequences of sin, couple that with the part of the Bible that tells us how to overcome it. The big picture is much more satisfying.[/quote] Thanks for addressing that <3

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)