Login

10 More of my favorite games!!!

javie

14 year(s) ago

You know, looking back at my list, I do feel as if I left some out of my category. So as for that, I'm going to post 10 more of my favorites, starting now. 10. [IMG]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo220/uthavok/icones/Letra%20S/starcraft1.png[/IMG] Even though I never gotten too far in this game, I truly love this one. I love the acting that this game has got to offer. I only played as the humans, so don't expect me to say anything about the others. I like just how the humans will still talk like as if they are from the south. You know, I really don't understand why some of the marines or generals even speak like that at all. I mean, hardly any of the southern people even want to join the army, so why is the biggest accent southern? Well anyway, the graphics in this game are amazing, even for being made in 1997, but the music on the other hand could be better. It might have been great then, but there are better music today.

javie

14 year(s) ago

9. [IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u278/jeremiasbebi/Boxarts-covers/turok2.jpg[/IMG] Part one was okay, but when this one came out, it started to revolutionize the N64 in some extent. Okay, it revolutionize my way of playing the N64. This may not have the best controls, only because the N64 controller was just a mess. But I still loved playing with it though. However, you get use to it after playing it. I also love the music that is being played on this game. Whoever is the composer of this game, I really want to speak to him and give him a personal thanks for it. I'm not going to go on with the graphics, or anything like that, because we all know that the graphics are very limited on this game. Actually, I will. The graphics on this game are so good, even for its time. The environment is also good, but at the same time, it could also be confusing to the point that it can make you lost while playing it. Its just that everything in this game almost looks the same. The storyline in the other is another topic. In part one, you are just some native Indian, or American, whichever you prefer. I would just call him a native American, because that's how he looks like. So you see him just on the outside in the jungle, right in front of his campfire, and then you just play as him, using him to start attacking dinosaurs. Then you start fighting these other bad guys, who are not dinosaurs. Afterwords, you just start to get involved with killing these people without any explanation. Why? Maybe he was just bored out of his mind in the jungle. Then you find out this kind of military base near the end of the game, and is just back in time for no apparent reason. They just are. "shrugs". Then on part two, you just start off with Aida, randomly bringing you from the past, to the future, wanting you to take down these aliens who are taking control and using these dinosaurs, who have laser guns on their hands and they are attacking these energy totems that are keeping this , oh lets just call him the last boss, in prison. And then you start to go from one world to another, like Super Mario Bros., going from point a to point b, doing sort of the same thing, fighting raptors, baby-flesh-eating green dinosaurs, riding on a triceratops with guns and canons on them, fighting some weird looking guys with chain guns, that looks like they carry toilets on their backs, blind people, giant bug looking things, robots, and a giant eye. The story to this game is a total mess. No question about it. But the best part has got to be the weapons. Every single one of them are so much fun to play with. The only two weapons I do find as a waste are the flare gun and the tranquilizer. I have no idea why these weapons are even in this game. But other than that, if you have a N64, find it and play it. Its a very fun and good game.

javie

14 year(s) ago

8. [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh96/TW15T3DM3T4L/Nintendo%2064/1008114674-00.jpg[/IMG] I can't think of any other original Mario game that was and still is as good as this. This one game changed the way how we look and play RPGs. I just love how goofy and yet so fun this game is. The 3-D graphics look cool and I even love how Myamoto used the enemies and bosses in this game. I loved how Bubba Tubba wasn't living without a heart and was immortal. Now come to think about it, that is kind of weird. The music in this game is kind of annoying at times though. The first theme song for Princess Peach was very, very childish and I just wanted to torture the writer to that song. But there are also times that the music is kind of cool. Like the part where you first encounter the seven stars on that one mountain for example. I actually enjoyed the remix to that one song, and they did a really good job to the songs on the Thousand Year Door too. And up to this day, I still have the game for the N64. And no, I don't use the emulator, only because that is cheap and lame, even for a hardcore gamer.

javie

13 year(s) ago

Well, its been a while, but I'm back for some more. 7. [IMG]http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af151/F34R1N/fear_21.jpg[/IMG] I just wanna say that I miss playing this game. Its dark, its scary and its original with the direction that this game takes. Its about a team that the government runs called F.E.A.R., which is a special forces team that deals with paranormal activities. So your objective is to find this one guy, who I really can't remember the name to, trying to bring the world to an end. But you also have this girl, who is a lot like that girl from the ring, and yes, she is a rip-off of that girl. She is also your enemy, and also wants to kill you too. The ability that you have in this game is to slow down time. I have to say that this is the highlight of this game, and it becomes very useful. The game does get challenging the more you play it, and the further you get to the end of it. However, the load time could get very annoying, since its very slow. The best version of this game is the PC, and the PC only. There is a version on the PS3, but its not as good as the PC. Yes, you do need a powerful graphics card to play this game on your computer, but its still worth it.

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

Ever gonna finish this one, javie? *nudge*

larry229

13 year(s) ago

Paper Mario. I so mistook that first P for an R at first reading >_<

javie

13 year(s) ago

Oh yeah. I forgot all about this. 6. [IMG]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t157/Kongcakes/Supermariorpg.jpg[/IMG] I know that so many of you guys were already waiting for this to be on the list, even in my top 20. So here it is. This is what really got me into RPGs. No, not FFVII nor any of the crappy Phantasy Star games. This is the one. The teamwork between Square and Nintendo on this game is genius! I never thought that having Bowser teaming up with you would ever happen in my entire life. That is a one in a million chance of anything like that happening. Princess Toadstool being on you side was a good idea to come up with, but not the wisest thing to do. Even though she can save your life in the fight between you and Smithy. See, that's what I like about this game. It finally gives the Mario franchise a chance for a different enemy to come in and fight along at you. I'm not saying that Bowser isn't cool, I still love him. But Sometimes I love to see something new in a game series, and that is always the main enemies, no matter what. The one problem I know that everyone knows about, and is still a controversy up to this day is Geno. The character is awesome, and his attacks are just cool to use. But for some reason, and no one, not even Nintendo or Square Enix even knows why neither company has the license to Geno. I still don't know how that's possible. As for that, he never made an appearance in any other game, besides Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga. I always try to ask this one question of why he makes another appearance in this game, and I can't give a good answer for why. He's not even in the game for very long, and people would think I'm nuts when I bring this up. Here's my evidence for my defense in 7:00: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbeJVz7piH0 I have heard that his game is already out for the Virtual Console in Europe, but I'm not too sure if its out over here in the US. I did have the original game for my SNES, but I have no idea where it is. But who cares about that since I have the rom on my computer? Okay, I do. I also heard that Nintendo did make a sequel for this game, and yes, it is in the US. Just try to guess what it is. I bet ya a million bucks you won't even guess what it is. I will crack up if you admit that you don't know.

javie

13 year(s) ago

By the way, did you guys even look at my top 20 favorite Otaku? If so, what did you think about it?

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

[b]javie wrote:[/b] [quote]By the way, did you guys even look at my top 20 favorite Otaku? If so, what did you think about it?[/quote] I'd love to comment, but sorry...I'm not an anime/manga kinda guy. *shrug*

javie

13 year(s) ago

5. [IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/chiefmartinez/N64%20Box%20Art/197771_88556_front.jpg[/IMG] Considered to be one of the greatest games of all time, I still have to include this. I remember getting this game on Christmas morning, and I played this right after I opened it up from its wrappings, putting that golden cartridge in my N64. And that color is worthy of being on that game. No one that I have ever known in my entire life have ever played this game and not like it, because it is a very likable game. Shoot, its like the Citizen Cain of video games. That's how awesome it is to the wider audience from around the earth. The gameplay for this game was ground breaking. The music was amazing! The new environment that Link has to go through is a huge improvement to the whole saga. Just the idea of going anywhere you want in any way was incredible to me. The enemies you have to fight, and the people you interact with just made the whole gaming experience feel so alive and real. You go fishing, use a slingshot and ride a horse. The other thing that I enjoy is how you get to go back in time and forward in time. The use of the Ocarina from A Link to the Past was something that Miyamoto wanted to use. So he used that one item from that game, and used it to be the main item in the game. That's how we got this epic game possible. I know this is what made Miyamoto started the whole controversy of the whole time line, but even I know the series doesn't have a accurate storyline. I know I rated Link's Awakening as my all time favorite out of all the Zelda games that I have played, and you know what... it still is.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)